Come out for a free family-friendly event and connect with your “inner Indiana Jones” on Sunday, October 21st from 1 PM to 5 PM. We’ve chosen to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the opening of Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing with the revival of our Archaeology Day event!
Featured activities include:
- public archaeology dig
- prehistoric Native American tools and technology demonstrations
- brick making activity
- special archaeology tours of the Farnsley-Moremen House and grounds
- artifact identification and processing
- talks on “Kentucky Before Boone” presented by Gwynn Henderson of the Kentucky Archaeological Survey and “Historic Clothing” (there is an archaeology connection!) presented by Brian Cushing of Historic Locust Grove
- Dedication of the “David Armstrong Pavilion”
- Planned release of new book on Riverside!
~ Food concessions provided by Valley Dairy Freeze ~